Monday, September 26, 2011

Rescued

Light.
I can see it in the distance.
I surge forward,
but it doesn't get closer.

I push through the cold water,
choking me from all around
constricting my body,
forcing me to cease my efforts.

My fate looks dim,
the surface so far away.
Unattainable. Lost.
Nothing can help me now.

Then he comes.

Pushing through the water,
he embraces me,
pulling me toward a destination
I've longed for.

His body moves effortlessly through the water,
as if he were swimming through air.
The weight of this world gradually lifts itself,
and my body begins to move through the water

Gasping for air,
my lungs indulge in the essense,
this appetite finally being fed.
My eyes drift toward my savior.

Nothing spectacular,
But all the more amazing.
He's a normal boy,
yet everything I've longed for.

I smile, and it is returned.
He helps me out of the water,
wraps me in his warmth.
And here I am.

Secure.

No comments: