Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the fear inside

Lying awake in bed,
Wishing I could have said
something

to keep me from feeling blue
to keep me from losing you

theres something behind those eyes
those pretty blue eyes that hypnotize
if i could just bear the simple pain
to rip off this elaborate disguise

i know it would be so much better
i know i could be so much better
how can i keep the fear in me
from losing you?

the past has left me weathered,
issues keep me tethered
to a pain i feel deep inside
thats why I write this letter

explaining who i am
explaining where i am
but where i want to go is not yet written
and the one i know who keeps me livin

the life i lead would be so much better
i know i could be so much better
how can i keep the fear in me
from losing you?

i apologize for this disguise
its not fair to you or what you want to do
i want to be yours, dont you understand that
my happiness stems from only you?

we were happy before this rift
and we're destined to be again
i know you feel it too
cause babe its me and you

your dark brown hair,
your pretty blue eyes,
a smile to save a thousand lives

i want you to be so much better,
t0 make you feel so much better
the one thing running on my mind
is taking care of you

forget the doubt, forget the worry.
im here babe, im in no hurry.

I'm lying awake in bed,
wishing i could have said
something more.

Just tell me how to keep from losing you.

No comments: