Friday, April 8, 2011

Hope

Where do I go
to find myself,
to hide myself
from this world I'm living in?

The spring awakens
from a dark and cold winter,
a hibernation from myself
and the places I've let myself go.

Anew and rejuvenated,
I search for that inner peace
to help me find a way
back to that place I called home.

There's something in the air.
I breathe in a soothing scent,
a tropical beach paradise
The place I escape to

Tomorrow I will find myself again,
Today I sit and wait,
observing strangers as they pass by,
rushing off in their daily lives.

A woman carrying her child,
A suit and tie glancing at his watch,
A grandmother crossing the street,
All off in their own little worlds.

No one looks at me,
I understand, I'm not a part of that world.
Not today, but soon.
In time, they will know me.

I hide from a bright and glorious world,
in the darkness I thrive,
but in time that will change,
Tomorrow's a new day.

No comments: